Energy Performance Certificates – Electric Heating



Energy Performance Certificates ( EPC )

All existing properties when being sold or rented must have an energy efficiency assessment by a government authorised energy assessor. From their assessment they will produce a document called an ‘Energy performance certificate’. Every aspect of the property is assessed in order to reach an overall rating. The assessment is conducted using the government standard, rdSAP.

There is no minimum requirement for the rating of a property for sale, the rating is for information and advice only.

The Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property)(England and Wales) Regulations 2015 mean that, from April 2018, private non-domestic (and domestic) landlords must ensure that properties they rent in England and Wales reach at least an EPC rating of E before granting a tenancy to new or existing tenants.

Read more